Sunday, September 04, 2011

Poem for Yamini

The falls of Yosemite,
The hue of these Utah mountains
When hugged by the evening sun,
The colors of the Yellow stone...
I see them all
In your chatter, patter
And in those pranks big and small

Your cherubic smiles rain on me
Like the snow showers adorning the lone Shastha.
Your pristine innocence binds me
Like the silent Pacific bounding these turbulent shores.

These long roads that never seem to end
Are like my yearning to see you, and play merrily
As you snuggle into my arms...
And those cuddly hugs, the soft pecks
And the chirpy frolic-
Are memories that never fade
Like the notes of some songs
That I grow up with as life passes by...

Yoga
09-04-2011
PS:- Yamini is my dearest niece - the cutie pie born to my best buddy Narayana and his wife (and my dear sister) Divya on Aug 9th 2009. I've been thinking of writing a poem for her ever since I made a long drive camping trip to Yosemite and Yellowstone in July of 2010. I dream of going on a long drive with her - a trip across this beautiful country when she grows up to be a beautiful sweetheart and learn much more than I'd ever know...





No comments: